What Are The Most Common Website Mistakes?
These are straight from the “horse’s mouth”
Matt Cutts is the head of Google’s search spam and notes the following as website errors as the most common mistakes that website owners make when building a new site and they are:
- Not having a website that is crawable (easy to access and understand) by the search engine spiders.
- Putting the wrong words on the page. THINK about what you want to your site to be found for.
- Building links to your site is nice, but think more about compelling content and marketing.
- Seriously analyse the titles and descriptions for your most important pages.
- Not using webmaster resources (like Google Webmaster Toos) and learning how Google works and what search engine optimization is all about.
Here is the actual video from Mr. Cutts: