What is a Content Management System?
Content management systems (CMS) allow a business owner to control the content of their website with little or no html or technical kills. WordPress, a free open source platform used by Atlanta Web Pros, is one such content management system.
A Content management system such as WordPress can become the primary platform of your website, or it can be added to act as a blog or news feh1ed for your current site. The WordPress design can be built to look like an existing part of your current site.
When considering using a CMS for your website, you should consider the following:
- Is it necessary for you to add or delete content a few times a year, or do you need to add new content to the website navigation more regularly?
- Do you or anyone on your staff have the time to spend on these tasks? Many professional admins can handle these duties very easily, or you the business owner can handle them yourself.
- If you and your staff don"t have the time at present, you may wish to outsource the handling of additional content.
- Does your business have the need for an image gallery to show the various aspects of your products or services? WordPress image galleries can be very easy to upload and maintain.
- Do you or a member of your staff have the writing aptitude to provide content that is both of value to your clientele as well as maintain continuity and SEO functionality. You will want fresh content to lift your site up in the search engine rankings.
Atlanta Web Pros can assist you with all these questions, and we work with private content writers who do this sort of thing on a regular basis. Contact us for more information at 404-664-5310.