What is the Typical Cost For a Website?
Boy is that a loaded question?
Do you have a marketing plan?
What is your overall marketing plan?
Do you have a marketing budget?
What percentage of my budget should go to building a website?
For a more thorough discussion of these topics, please see https://www.atlantawebpros.com/cost-discussion
I Need a new or redesigned website What do I need to begin?
- Firstly, send me your best example of what you are looking for. This can be 2-3 examples of website you like. We will get back to you with a quote and estimated timeline.
- If you find my terms acceptable, we schedule a chat.
- If we are still a go, then you send me your content (e.g. logos, text, images).
- We send you a draft and get your feedback, and make any necessary changes.
What other items should I provide for you to design my site?
Please answer the following questions (and include more information as you see fit):
- What is your business or service? Who are you trying to target?
- Do you have an existing website? Social media pages? If so, please link these.
- What are some examples of websites you like?
- How many pages of content do you have? Would you like to have additional pages written?
- Do you want to be able to update the content yourself in the future?
- Do you have an existing blog? Do you require one?
- Will you be selling products on your website?
- Have you purchased a domain and do you currently have a hosting account?
What is a domain and hosting? And how do I get these?
- Your domain is the name of your website. You register a domain with several providers. I would recommend GoDaddy.
- Hosting is essentially where you publish your website online and you have to purchase this. Hostgator, Bluehost, Dreamhost and Siteground are a few. There are many configurations available for web hosting, and prices for different kinds of hosting vary considerably. It can be confusing and I will answer all your questions.
Will I edit the contents of my website myself?
Absolutely…yes, you can. I’ll use WordPress to manage your content as I think it’s the most intuitive system to use, and I will provide you with a basic level of training which is include in my pricing. If you or a member of your staff is comfortable with Microsoft Word, you will feel very comfortable with the interface.
What level of SEO is included in my Website?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is about optimizing your site based upon the algorithms of search engines such as Google. I include basic SEO best practices including installing the best SEO Plugins. Remember that SEO is based on your websites content! If you have great content, your website will rank well.
Are you available for additional contract work?
Usually, yes. It all depends on what kind of work you need done. If you only need some minor changes to your site, I’ll give you a fee based on an ad-hoc rate of $60 / hour. Our minimum charge is one hour, and this must be paid in advance.
What payment methods do you accept?
Payment can be made via PayPal, check or you can use a credit card with the square reader. My payment policy is: 50% upfront on accepting the project, 25% on first revision, and 25% on final revision and handover.